3 release policy and -Wno-compat

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 21:25:34 UTC 2015

The current design is that -Wcompat will be off by default and includes
warnings that are not in -Wall and that we'll be introducing warnings into
-Wall when they become actionable under a 3 release policy rather than the
more eager approach you are advocating here.

So you'll still get warnings before the changes go into effect, but with
-Wcompat you get a _lot_ of notice for when you don't care much at all
about backwards compatibility, but really want forward compatibility above
all.

-Edward