Expanding the Core Libraries Committee

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 21:18:38 UTC 2015

At present the core libraries committee consists of 7 members: 6 regular
members and one ex-officio appointment for the Haskell Platform maintainer.

https://wiki.haskell.org/Core_Libraries_Committee

The size of this committee was originally selected to be in line with the
size of the extant haskell.org committee. During a meeting of the committee
last week, we decided it is a bit too small to fulfill the function of
adequately representing the broader community while still providing a
sufficient institutional memory.

Consequently, we've resolved to replace the current Haskell Platform
maintainer appointment with 3 additional seats on the committee. This will
grow the committee to 9 members.

Pleased be advised, membership on the committee is a commitment to a fairly
active role. For more information on some the processes surrounding the
core libraries, please see the library submissions page on the Haskell
wiki: https://wiki.haskell.org/Library_submissions

If you are interested in self-nominating for the core libraries committee,
please send an email to core-libraries-committee at haskell.org.

-Edward Kmett
Core Libraries Committee Chair