warnings per organisation (Was: 3 release policy)

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Nov 4 20:08:49 UTC 2015

On Wed, 21 Oct 2015, Simon Peyton Jones wrote:

> Trouble is, any particular categorisation will be slightly wrong for
> almost everyone.  Would it help if any one organisation could list the
> warnings that it wanted to hear about (and then eliminate), put that in
> a .ghc file, OPTIONS pragma, or on the command line?  So, in effect,
> have a per-org warning categorisation.  (It would make for a very long
> command line.)

I think it must be specified in the Cabal file of a project, such that
other programmers get the same list of warnings as the main developer. And
that's actually how it currently works: If I want to see warnings I must
add GHC-Options: -Wall to a Cabal file, and sometimes I add more warning
switches if I recall them.