Template Haskell changes to names and package keys

Bertram Felgenhauer bertram.felgenhauer at googlemail.com
Sat May 2 09:38:14 UTC 2015

Hi Michael,

> Being able to get all the packages that have a particular name sounds
> good!  Note that if "-hide-package" / "-hide-all-packages" is used, I
> wouldn't want those packages in the results.

Same here.

> Like Dan, I'm a little less keen on #1.  Here's why:

[...]
> * I couldn't find any examples of its usage that would be broken by this
> new semantics.  I've done a search on github[1] to find usages of PkgName,
> and I only found one use[2] that uses PkgName which would be affected by
> this change.  This example is in the TH lib itself, and so would hopefully
> be fixed by this change.

Did you find any uses where an existing PkgName is reused to construct
a new name? I believe this would be an important data point for deciding
whether renaming the constructor is a good idea or not. Basically I'm
asking whether the majority of uses of PkgName "out in the wild" right
now is correct or incorrect.

Cheers,

Bertram