HP 2015.2.0.0 and GHC 7.10

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at me.com
Sat Mar 28 11:59:42 UTC 2015

With the advent of efficient build tools, would it be too outrageous to suggest we start to move to automated HP releases on an even faster (but rigid) schedule, e.g. weekly, or monthly?  As new versions of libraries come out, they could be incorporated in the platform as soon as they are verified to build successfully with the other dependencies, and the next weekly/monthly bundle would have it.  Then there would always be a "recent" Platform good enough for even the bleeding-edge types of users.  It would eliminate the rush of "please can we hold off until foo is released in a few days time" requests, which has tended to cause schedule-drift in the past.

Continuous integration FTW!

Regards,
    Malcolm