HP 2015.2.0.0 and GHC 7.10

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 08:02:29 UTC 2015

> [...] look over the the source file at GitHub that defines the release
> see if the version of your stuff looks right

The OpenGLRaw and GLUTRaw versions are OK, for OpenGL and GLUT we
should use newer versions I just released (OpenGL-2.12.0.0 and
GLUT-2.7.0.0). These contain much requested API
additions/generalizations.

Furthermore, due to other popular requests like generalizing things
and making OpenAL stuff independent from OpenGL, I split off improved
StateVar (thanks to Edward Kmett!) and ObjectName packages again,
which are now additional dependencies. This move was made in spite of
all those bikeshedding discussions around them, because several actual
package users requested them. ("Listen to your customers!") I simply
don't want to be held back by eternal theoretical discussions anymore,
instead let's ship what people actually want.

> [...] look near the end where there is a bunch of stuff I kinda just added to get
> it all to compile [...]

As mentioned above, we need StateVar-1.1.0.0 and ObjectName-1.1.0.0 now, too.

A +1 for including exceptions, but why version 0.6.1, which is quite
old? I would propose including the latest and greatest 0.8.0.2
version.

<rant>Regarding the random packages: Shipping 2 packages for basically
the same thing is silly IMHO and a bad sign for something which claims
to be a coherent set of APIs. Either these packages should be merged
or the dependencies adapted. Offering choice for the same task has no
place in the platform IMHO, we should ship what is considered the
best/most widely used for each area. For the more arcane needs,
there's always Hackage...</rant>