Type roles for UArray?

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Tue Mar 24 14:45:29 UTC 2015

The notes to #9220 explain this fairly well, I think.

But, Wren's desire is reasonable. The real reason that GND can't work here is that the safety condition lives outside the type system.

It seems to me like one way forward is to allow an unsafe GND, via some pragma. It would be dead-easy to implement (modulo surface syntax): just change `coerce` to `unsafeCoerce` in the produced code.

Richard