wither the Platform

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Mon Mar 23 16:30:50 UTC 2015

On 23/03/15 17:19, Richard Eisenberg wrote:
> Forgive me, all, for asking what many may think a silly question, but I must ask:
>
> What's wrong with the platform?

It solves a problem few people seem to have.

Most people want a compiler (ghc), a package manager (cabal), and
libraries they can install (hackage/stackage).

Instead, they are being sold HP which has its own versioning, releases
on its own irregular schedule, and brings a small arbitrary set of
packages frozen at an arbitrary point in time. These packages often
interfere with users' desire to install their own packages.

Roman