wither the Platform

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr at gnu.org
Sun Mar 22 10:24:00 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-22 at 11:17:21 +0100, Erik Hesselink wrote:

[...]

> I do this for template-haskell, since it's not possible to reinstall
> but cabal would occasionally try it. I can imagine it would work well
> to prevent the scenario you describe with network.

Why isn't it possible to reinstall TH (unless you also need to depend on
the `ghc` package)? We even explicitly allowed template-haskell to be
reinstallable again in Cabal as there didn't seem any reason to forbid
it anymore (it's no different than e.g. `bytestring` which is
reinstallable as well):

  https://github.com/haskell/cabal/commit/ffd67e5e630766906e6f4c6655c067a79f739150

Cheers,
  hvr