On the scope of 'directory' (and which issue tracker to use)

Phil Ruffwind rf at rufflewind.com
Tue Mar 3 18:35:27 UTC 2015

Looking at the current API, it seems that the 'directory' library has been
extended to more than just mere directory-related operations: it includes
several file-related utilities as well.  It looks to me that 'directory' has
become a place for consolidating filesystem-related operations for *nix and
Windows platforms.

Given the state of things, would it be more appropriate to call it a
"platform-agnostic library for filesystem operations" rather than a "library
for directory manipulation"?  (Of course, the name of the library and its
modules would remain slightly misleading but oh well.)

On an unrelated issue, seeing as most of the issues are on GitHub rather than
Trac (and I personally find the former simpler to use) perhaps the .cabal file
should point to the GitHub issue tracker instead?

--
Phil