Abstract FilePath Proposal

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Sun Jun 28 01:02:14 UTC 2015

OK, based on what David and Brandon wrote, I guess
that representing paths as bytestrings does make
some low-level sense on all platforms. Although
for Windows we would still need some way to deal
with the requirement that the bytestring have an even
length.

We will need platform-dependent coercions of
paths to and from String/Text. Those might sometimes
be partial functions. We need a notion of the coercions
for the current platform, and we also need it to be
possible to access the coercions for all platforms.