Drastic Prelude changes imminent

Gershom B gershomb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 19:56:03 UTC 2015

I have gone ahead and created a wiki page with a draft FAQ on the
Foldable/Traversable proposal:
https://wiki.haskell.org/Foldable_Traversable_In_Prelude

I've attempted to hit the highlights that I can think of, but I'm sure
there's stuff either wrong or missing, or perhaps that could just be marked
up better.

Please, everyone, feel free to expand, clarify, or make minor or formatting
edits as you desire. If you feel there is something substantial that is
unaddressed (especially of the form "Why not X?", please email me off-list
and I'll try to work to cook up a proper addition to the page. Or, if you
have any edits that you think should happen but aren't equipped to edit the
wiki at the moment, I'l try to act on that too :-)

Hopefully, this can serve as a resource not only for the current
discussion, but to point people to regarding the final form of the proposal
as it actually takes shape in GHC 7.10.

--Gershom