Discussion: Can we make evaluate easier to find?

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 20:27:24 UTC 2015

I agree that Control.Exception seems like a very strange place for
`evaluate` to be publicly exported.  However, I've never wanted that
function except in the context of forcing evaluation of a pure value in
order to catch exceptions.  I also can't think of any other use cases that
aren't more easily solved by seq/bang patterns.  If the only use case is in
fact exception handling, Control.Exception seems like a pretty good
location.