Proposal: improve the Data.Tree API

João Cristóvão jmacristovao at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 14:53:31 UTC 2015

> What is bad about two imports?

It is a breaking change from the current Data.Tree API.

>From Milan' proposal:
> users would write
>  import qualified Data.Tree as Tree
>  import qualified Data.Tree.Forest as Forest
>and then use the methods as
>  Tree.lookupTree
>  Tree.filter
>and
>  Forest.filter

Which, I would guess, would imply turning:
Data.Tree.unfoldTree  -> Data.Tree.unfold
Data.Tree.unfoldForest -> Data.Tree.Forest.unfold

Thus breaking existing code.

But again, I don't have a strong opinion about this. What really matters is
to have the new functions (and comonad references) in the API.

Cheers,
João