Proposal: Add (<$>) to Prelude as part of the AMP in GHC 7.10-RC3

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 17:38:23 UTC 2015

That is not and was never the motivation of FTP. FTP was about not wanting
to have to hide a zillion functions from Prelude, Data.List,
Control.Applicative, and Control.Monad. Functors are utterly ubiquitous in
Haskell programming, so adding an operator to make them easier to use seems
quite sensible.