Proposal to deprecate and then drop fromJust

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Tue Feb 24 10:49:39 UTC 2015

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015, Johan Tibell wrote:

> -1 for this reason. A strong recommendation in the docs is enough. There
> are legitimate uses and the busy work involved in fixing the 10,000 uses
> is not with it. That's time that could be spent on more libraries.

What I currently do is most oftenly: Find packages for my task at hand at
Hackage, watch the code, decide that fixing their issues needs longer than
writing a new package from scratch and then do this. I think that
improving code quality should also be a goal, not only increasing the
amount of libraries regardless of their quality.

Have you checked whether the found libraries can be still compiled, at
all?