Proposal: Functor and friends for the wrappers in Data.Monoid

Oleg Grenrus oleg.grenrus at iki.fi
Sat Feb 21 18:51:06 UTC 2015

As Sean pointed out there is already a thread about this issue.
I agree with Erik’s opinion, https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/libraries/2014-December/024509.html :

> I'm +1 on the obviously useful instances (Data, Functor) and wouldn’t mind the others either, since I don't see any downsides.

Simple use case for Functor is e.g. fromIntegral <$> s

—

Sean, is there a trac ticket for this issue? I could make a patch early next week, as this seems to be discussed previously.

- Oleg