Proposal: Make Semigroup as a superclass of Monoid

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Wed Apr 29 14:28:53 UTC 2015

On 29-04-2015 13:24, Jeremy wrote:
> So what's the conclusion on this? We seem to have a strong consensus on going
> ahead with the proposal, and a weaker consensus for doing so via the long
> path.

Maybe you should work out the details wrt. the concerns/things raised in
the thread and do a wiki page detailing all of this? Ideally with some
code to review, perhaps?

In particular, if you could do a survey of Hackage to find out how many
(and which) packages would be affected by this, you would earn a lot of
bonus points for due dilligence! :)

(I'm definitely +1 on the concept, but it's hard to judge how practical
it is without estimates of breakage, etc.)

Regards,