Export ($!) from Data.Function

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Apr 24 13:51:13 UTC 2015

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015, Yuras Shumovich wrote:

> Right now ($!) operator can be imported either from Prelude or GHC.Base.
> The later is specific to GHC, so it makes sense to avoid it.
>
> There are reasons to avoid Prelude too (e.g. because it pollutes name
> space, changes too often, etc.) We need a home module for all identifies
> from Prelude, so that one can import them without importing Prelude.

I don't understand. If you don't like to import it, you can
   import Prelude hiding (($!))

If you have disabled automatic import of Prelude, you can still import it
selectively by:
   import Prelude (($!))

> Data.Functor seems to be a good candidate for ($!) operator home module.
> It already exports ($) operator.

I think it would better fit in a module for 'seq' and friends.
Unfortunately there is no such module yet.