Proposal: NF newtype

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Wed Apr 22 08:10:44 UTC 2015

Only thing I can think of is adding a bunch of `deriving`s to NF. I can
picture people wanting to just plot an `NF` into the middle of their data
structures and still be able to `show` it for debugging. I'm guessing a
minimal list may be Show, Read, Eq, Ord, Typeable. Data and Generic seem
like an interesting case, since- on the one hand- it would be nice to have
the instances (especially the latter) for auto-deriving mechanisms, but in
theory it can be used to break the abstraction. However, given that you're
already giving people an escape route via the .Internal module, I don't
think that's as big a concern.