Proposal: change the Bits instance for Bool to align with other basic types and support branchless calculations

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 18:45:45 UTC 2014

I would think what you're trying to do would likely be better with a
different class, by another name, supporting things like .&&., .||., etc.,
or maybe even moving && and || into a class. Another direction is to look
at structures representing other sorts of logics. I just don't see that
Data.Bits is the right place to try to do these things.