Pre-Proposal: Add Validation somewhere easily accessible

Joseph Abrahamson me at jspha.com
Sun Sep 21 17:51:03 UTC 2014

I think that's my feeling about the risk of placing it in such a prominent place as transformers as well. I feel that such a core location is not necessarily needed, but the functionality provided would not be difficult to standardize relatively quickly.

The benefit is to make the technique more widely known and more easily included. Typically its use tosh involves the addition of either an extra one-off package which provides little extra and more deps (this is the case today with `validation` especially given the lens/profunctors dep but even without) or nestled deep inside another package with a different focus.

So I feel the proper place for such a simple type is somewhere inside a toolkit of other commonly used types of its brand. If there were a good `applicatives` package that would be ideal. I mentioned transformers as nothing more or less than the nearest approximation to that which I know of.

Joseph