Proposal: Add a few extra members to Foldable and Traversable classes

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 21:43:27 UTC 2014

Choosing the name `size` isn't free.

If we chose `length` then the existing code continues to work, code that
was hiding it on import continues to hide it and you don't get conflicts.

Picking 'size' is compatible with common practice, but means a ton of
modules would break.

Given the two solutions, one that doesn't break anything and one that does,
with negligible differences between them otherwise, I'd prefer the one that
causes the least amount of pain.

-Edward