Discussion: adding displayException to Exception class

Benno Fünfstück benno.fuenfstueck at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 18:14:54 UTC 2014

I just like to add that I find it very useful to be able to just copy the
output of show to ghci. As an example, I wrote  an AI that used a game tree
as state. When debugging, I can just print this tree after each turn using
show and then paste it to ghci to simulate the game starting from the state
at that turn. If Show was not valid Haskell code, I would have had to write
a serializer a d deserializer first, which isn't so easy to do for a tree
structure.

--
Benno