Proposal: Add foldrWithIndex and foldlWithIndex to Data.List

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 19:19:09 UTC 2014

Yes, they do. In particular, the zip can only fuse with one of the two
lists so the Ints could be unboxed, or fusion optimizations could happen
with the list folded over, but not both. The fold_WithIndex function can
manage both at once. That said, I think there have been some pretty good
arguments against adding these, or at least against adding them with these
names.