[core libraries] List of core libraries

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 22:16:56 UTC 2014

It is your library as much as you want it to be. As such you can consider
yourself as the maintainer and under
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions

   - Changes that simply *widen the API by adding new functions* are a bit
   of a grey area. It's better to consult the community, because there may be
   useful feedback about (say) the order of arguments, or the name of the
   function, or whatnot. On the other hand few clients will actually break if
   you add a new function to the API. Use your judgment.

Here you have a pretty obvious combinator, with one obvious argument
ordering I'd assume, so you should be able to do as you see fit.

The core libraries committee can help as much or as little as you want us
to around filepath.

-Edward