Final bikeshedding call: Fixing Control.Exception.bracket

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 22:03:54 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 9:53 PM, Simon Marlow <marlowsd at gmail.com> wrote:

> - cleanup that might block in an unkillable way

This does make me wonder... while the example I am going to use is somewhat
obsolete, it's an extreme example of something that can still happen.

Somewhat infamously, if you do not use a no-rewind device, close() blocks
unkillably in the kernel until the tape is rewound. What happens if this
occurs during finalization in the garbage collector?