Final bikeshedding call: Fixing Control.Exception.bracket

Gabriel Gonzalez gabriel439 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 18:25:06 UTC 2014

I'm a little late to this discussion, but i just wanted to say that I'm
+1 on potential solution #2 (Change bracket to use uninterruptible
cleanup handler).  I remember I was really surprised the first time I
studied `bracket` precisely because of this weird interruptible cleanup
behavior.

Sensible defaults matter, and `bracket` by virtue of its simpler name is
the implicitly suggested default.  I'm also pretty sure that the amount
of breakage will be minimal and easy to fix (the very few affected
libraries can just use ifdefs and bracketInterruptible to work around
this) and the amount of fixage will be maximal.