Implementation of "until"

Dan Burton danburton.email at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 19:47:46 UTC 2014

It's more accurate to say that "until" is *as lazy as* its predicate
argument.

-- infinite loop, slow space leak
until ((== 10) . (!! 3)) [1, 2, 3, 4] (\xs -> xs ++ xs)
-- first-iteration errors out due to strictness of predicate
until ((== 10) . (!! 3)) [1,2,3,undefined] (\xs -> xs ++ xs)

Your proposed changes introduce arbitrary strictness which I don't see any
particular benefit to. Is there a specific example you had in mind where
the behavior is better?

-- Dan Burton