Discussion: fold the Alts

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 19:46:00 UTC 2014

We don't try to provide every single function that could map to any monoid
in Data.Monoid in Data.Foldable.

*e.g.* by the same token we also don't have versions that take a function
and then compute a sum or product.

Global namespace in a library like base is a fairly precious resource,
because any name you take is taken from all users who use unqualified
imports.

The assumption is rather implicit that if you need something more exotic
you can roll it yourself from the parts available to you.

-Edward