Moving PrimMonad from the primitive package to base

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Mon May 12 18:29:16 UTC 2014

possibly related question:

would the AMP proposal mean that i can use Functor / Applicatives on
PrimMonad for free?

currently I have to write
my own little widgets, even though both ST and IO have functor and
applicative instances

or does PrimMonad need those as constraints? (i)

(<$>) :: PrimMonad m => (a->b) -> m a -> m b
(<$>) f mv = do v <- mv ; return (f v )
{-# INLINE (<$>) #-}

(<*>) :: PrimMonad m => m (a->b) -> m a -> m b
(<*>) mf mv =  do f <- mf ; v <- mv ; return (f v)
{-# INLINE (<*>) #-}