'temporary' package

Erik Hesselink hesselink at gmail.com
Fri May 9 15:02:40 UTC 2014

I can see this. However, there are solutions available. Local forks
you already mentioned (and setting up your own hackage is very easy),
but there are also freeze files in cabal now. Additionally (sorry, I
have to mention it) upper bounds make builds much more stable. This
whole thing wouldn't have happened if 'temporary' had an upper bound
on its dependency on 'exceptions'.

Of course your builds should stay working (which is why I advocate
upper bounds) but there should also be a sense of package ownership, I
think. The current trustee setup is meant for small fixes when an
owner is gone/missing.

Erik