Backup maintainer [Re: 'temporary' package]

Andreas Abel andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de
Fri May 9 14:24:14 UTC 2014

Well, not all packages uploaded to hackage are "libraries" in the sense
that other packages rely on them.  There are tons of applications, and
also things intended to be general purpose libraries that never get
enough users.

But once your package is used by enough others that rely on it, you need
a backup maintainer.

One could think of a "ladder" where packages acquire reputation/status,
and from a certain point on one needs a backup maintainer.

andreas.abel at gu.se
http://www2.tcs.ifi.lmu.de/~abel/