We need to add role annotations for 7.8

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 03:46:29 UTC 2014

Personally, looking at it 10 years on, having a nominal default would look
pretty terrible to me.

I'd be stuck annotating everything I write. Nothing easy could just be
easy.

The 10 years on crowd is a reasonable argument for a "real" type role
syntax, and it was indeed that argument that won me over, but if anything
the 10 year argument goes the other way for me on a nominal vs
representational default.

-Edward