breath of life for dataenc lib

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sun Mar 16 17:23:06 UTC 2014

The "official" repo can be found at https://github.com/magthe/dataenc

> @magnus, Are you still game for continuing to maintain it? (the hackage
> docs indicate that you have uploader acls but also that theres no
> maintainer per se and theres no repo online)
>
> thoughts?

I disowned it quite a while ago and can't say I'm very interested in
picking up formal maintenance again.  I wouldn't mind accepting a
pull request and uploading a new version to Hackage as a one-off
though.

As Vincent pointed out I consider sandi[1] to be the replacement of
dataenc.  The API is similar enough that it should be trivial to
modify darcs to use sandi instead.  If it turns out to not be trivial
I'm very likely to look at that as a bug of sandi itself. :)

/M

[1]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/sandi

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay