New version of vector + discussion

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Thu Jun 26 14:42:03 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I've prepped a new minor version (0.10.12.0) of the 0.10 branch of vector
so that we can release https://github.com/haskell/vector/pull/31, which I
cherry-picked from master. Could someone please review this and do the
upload? I'm not sure I have the right bit set.

Also, in a related topic, an aside: I tried to merge 0.10 into master and
got a horrorshow:

# Unmerged paths:
#   (use "git add/rm <file>..." as appropriate to mark resolution)
#
# both modified:      Data/Vector.hs
# deleted by them:    Data/Vector/Fusion/Bundle/Monadic.hs
# both modified:      Data/Vector/Fusion/Stream.hs
# both modified:      Data/Vector/Fusion/Stream/Monadic.hs
# both modified:      Data/Vector/Fusion/Stream/Size.hs
# both modified:      Data/Vector/Generic.hs
# both modified:      Data/Vector/Generic/Mutable.hs
# deleted by them:    Data/Vector/Generic/Mutable/Base.hs
# both modified:      Data/Vector/Generic/New.hs
# both modified:      Data/Vector/Mutable.hs
# both modified:      Data/Vector/Storable.hs
# both modified:      Data/Vector/Unboxed.hs
# both modified:      Data/Vector/Unboxed/Base.hs
# both added:         README.md
# both modified:      benchmarks/vector-benchmarks.cabal
# both added:         changelog
# both modified:      internal/unbox-tuple-instances
# both modified:      tests/vector-tests.cabal
# both modified:      vector.cabal

I'm curious why these branches have diverged like this, it doesn't smell
good to me. Does anyone want to tackle doing this merge?

Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net>