Polymorphism in the Prelude

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 17:33:11 UTC 2014

Based on raw download stats:

basic-prelude has probably received the most traction. It has ~8k downloads.

classy-prelude decays to ~4k downloads.

general-prelude ~180.

The other two I mentioned have had ~100 each.

By way of comparison something like, say, 'profunctors' has ~50k downloads.

That said, I spend an awful lot of time talking to people at conventions
and hackathons, and my response was mostly anecdotal based on responses
I've received as I've asked around to find out what people want in the
Prelude going forward.

-Edward