Gearing up (again) for the next release: 2014.2.0.0

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at
Tue Jun 10 02:51:35 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Dan Burton < at>

> 1. Do we have an ETA for the upcoming HP release?

I'm very close to being done with the Mac build. This means that I can turn
Mac and src-tarball releases pretty much in an hour or two (for testing).
What is left is:
  1) Windows build - I don't know if Mikhail is planning on doing this one
with his existing scripts, or if he plans to move to the new build
  2) Linux/BSD/UN*X builds - some folks have started exploring the new
build - it would be great to see this hammered on a bit
  3) New web site - we could go with the old this round, but there was some
motion to do a new one. If we can get those HTML/template files, then the
new site can go this round - otherwise, no need to wait, but it will take a
few hours to make the new site (always one of my pain points!)
  4) Testing! Once we have release in beta - we just need people to try it!

Basically, I'd love to aim for end of this month.

> 2. Will incorporating 7.8.3 cause any additional delay, as opposed to
> sticking with 7.8.2? How much?

None. So long as it remains true that the only version bump is haddock.

- Mark
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the Libraries mailing list