Releasing containers -- before GHC 7.8?

Ryan Newton rrnewton at
Tue Jan 14 19:19:57 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Roman Cheplyaka <roma at> wrote:

> * Ryan Newton <rrnewton at> [2014-01-14 11:41:48-0500]
> > Replacing containers seems like a real pain for end users
> Is it a real pain? Why?

One thing I ran into is that cabal sandboxes want consistent dependencies.
 And when users get to this point where they need to grab our latest
containers, they've got a bunch of core/haskell platform packages that
depend on the old containers.

I didn't mean that there was anything difficult about containers itself,
just that almost everything else depends on it.