Broken documentation on Hackage.

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 22:55:29 UTC 2014

On 05/01/14 10:15, Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It seems that we are having a rather big issue with Hackage in recent
> months and I'm sure many of you have noticed: a lot of packages aren't
> getting their docs built. As far as I can tell, there can be multiple
> reasonable causes:
>
> [snip]
>
> [1]: https://github.com/haskell/hackage-server/issues/145
> [2]:
> https://github.com/haskell/hackage-server/issues/145#issuecomment-29468613
> [3]:
> https://github.com/haskell/hackage-server/issues/145#issuecomment-29422332
> [4]: http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/trustees/
> [5]: http://fuuzetsu.co.uk/misc/sorted.txt
> [6]:
> https://github.com/haskell/hackage-server/issues/145#issuecomment-30129142
> [7]:
> https://github.com/haskell/hackage-server/issues/145#issuecomment-29472445

Greetings again,

After some feedback from people over yesterday and some digging today,
few things became apparent:
* cross-package linking is broken with manual documentation
* ‘Contents’ link takes you somewhere else now
* I said ‘cd dist/doc’ instead of ‘cd dist/doc/html’

Here is what you can do to fix the package links and contents page:
add the following flags to the ‘cabal haddock’ command:

--html-location='http://hackage.haskell.org/package/$pkg/docs'
--contents-location='http://hackage.haskell.org/package/$pkg'

I'm not sure of implication of this for specific version package links.
Note also that you do need to put in ‘$pkg’, that is a cabal directive.

As usual, I welcome any comments and improvements.
--
Mateusz K.