Broken documentation on Hackage.

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 14:14:31 UTC 2014

My ALUT package is among the ones without documentation, and I have a
theory what's wrong (probably a missing installed C library/package
libalut-dev, see
https://github.com/haskell-openal/ALUT/blob/master/.travis.yml). Two
questions:

   * As a package maintainer, how can I find out why the documentation
is not built/published on Hackage? Logs, etc.?

   * Who should be contacted to polish the server a bit (i.e. install
libalut-dev)?

Currently things are very opaque from the outside, both from a
technical and from an organizational point of view, and manually
uploading documentation which is effectively guaranteed to be
wrong/outdated/etc. sooner or later is not a solution IMHO.

Cheers,
   S.