Who remembers HP 2013.4.0.0...?

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 21:35:48 UTC 2014

I do - I'm just a lame-o this cycle!

Please review the status below - I'll have the 'prerelease' branch in
github updated this weekend, and packages out (src tarball and Mac
installers) out this coming week.

- Mark

*Resolved Issues*

   - fgl - haven't heard from Ivan, so we'll stay with the status quo.
   - aeson / dlist - log round'a'bout discussion resulted in decision to
   omit aeson this cycle.
   - alex / happy - I haven't heard from the maintainers on the major
   version bump, but they are both active here and so I'm assuming it is a go.

*Current Proposed Versions*
*GHC 7.6.3* -- same as last time (erroneously listed as a version bump last

*Packages with no changes:*
        fgl, haskell-src, html, HUnit,
        mtl, parsec, QuickCheck, random,
        regex-base, regex-compat, regex-posix,
        split, stm, text, transformers,
        xhtml, zlib

*Packages held back:*
        cgi: 3001.1.7.5 (3001.1.8.4* requires MonadCatchIO-mtl)*

*Packages with minor version bumps:*
        HTTP: 4000.2.8 → 4000.2.10 ☚ bump from prior 2013.4.0.0 list
        network: → ☚ bump from prior 2013.4.0.0 list
        parallel: →
        syb: 0.4.0 → 0.4.1
        unordered-containers: →
        vector: →
        primitive: →

*Packages with major version bumps:*
        case-insensitive: →
        hashable: →

        GLUT: →
        GLURaw: →
        OpenGL: →
        OpenGLRaw: →

        alex: 3.0.5 → 3.1.0 *pending okay*
        happy: 1.18.10 → 1.19.0  *pending okay*

        Cabal: 1.16.0 → *consensus seems to be that this will be
        cabal-install: →

*Platform Packagers:*
This will be the last HP source release that contains all the ad hoc
scripts for packaging. I canvased the group last time and as I recall,
everyone said they just used the .cabal file - and no one used the scripts.
I plan to replace them with a new tool built for the needs of the tarball
release, and ditch this old set of scripts.