Discussion: Why is inet_addr in IO?

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Sun Aug 31 16:47:31 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Thomas DuBuisson <
thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I fully support directing users to getAddrInfo.  My comment boils down
> to: let's remove broken functions instead of making them easier to use
> and less consistent with the rest of the API.

Only if we run a deprecation cycle for at least one major version of
network. Just removing a function breaks code for no reason and is
user-hostile. It's important to give end users a warning that the function
is going away and some time (12 months or more IMO) to fix their code,
especially for packages that belong to the platform.

Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net>