Proposal: Add log1p and expm1 to GHC.Float.Floating

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 12:37:10 UTC 2014

It sounds like we're converging to a solution whereby they do get defaults,
but you also get a MINIMAL pragma warning you you probably want to override
them for manual Floating instances, so users will get a warning not an
error if they omit implementations, and switching over will not hurt
existing code.

That warning should serve much the same role as the deprecation cycle would
and no existing user code will break.