proposal to have new proposals in new threads Re: rfc: include bimap into Data.Either

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 20:49:07 UTC 2014

On 22 April 2014 01:41, Carter Schonwald <carter.schonwald at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
> if you agree that new proposals should be voted on in new/distinct threads
> (though can certainly be hammered out before hand), please chime in. This
> seems to come up a lot (at least in my naive following of the list) and if a
> new proposal appears in a thread you've already voted on, its hard to know
> curretly
>
> thoughts?

I suppose the problem then is we have n different threads with
slightly varying proposals, no way to keep them in sync or to even
track them all (especially if someone comes late to the party and
misses the other threads).

I'm on the fence about this.

IIUC, this is what Google Wave would have been good for...

The other alternative would be to have explicitly numbered alternate
proposals and people would actually state which one they were voting
for.  But I don't see that working well either.