Proposal: add ifM and whenM to Control.Monad

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 16:06:04 UTC 2014

I was tempted to include a linguistic example.

-ant isn't a productive suffix in English. conformant, abberant, etc. are
vestiges of a dead morphological convention.

Yet that didn't stop most of the tech industry from converging on
'performant' and using it every day, and looking at prescriptivists
strangely when they say it isn't a word. ;)

-Edward