GitHub version of the PVP (was: Upper bounds in PVP)

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr at gnu.org
Thu Apr 10 18:27:54 UTC 2014

Hello *,

To get the balling rolling, I've converted the mediawiki version of the
PVP to markdown for easy editing via GitHub. Please note this is just a
suggestion, there a certainly other possible workflows for collaborative
editing; However using GitHub provides the following features:

 - A web-based Markdown editor

 - Decentralized: everyone can fork the repo (and you can see the
   fork-graph), everyone can steal (aka 'git pull') each others commit
   into his own repo.

 - Branching inside a repo (e.g. for multiple variants)

 - Annotating/commenting patches

TLDR: feel free to fork (or ignore) https://github.com/hvr/PVP

HTH hvr

On 2014-04-10 at 16:36:59 +0200, Mark Lentczner wrote:
> 1) The PVP is not written in RFC style: It is conversational and addresses
> the reader direction.
> 2) It's terms aren't those of RFC 2119.
> 3) The phrase "you should ensure" in section 3 was clearly meant that it
> was expected of the maintainer. Including upper bounds.
>
> Now, if someone would like to have a go at re-writing the PVP in the style
> of an RFC, so that if PVP conformance is more rigorously defined, (which
> will surely explicitly reference RFC 2119), please write up a version (and
> a new thread) and we'll discuss it.
>
> - Mark

"Elegance is not optional" -- Richard O'Keefe