Gearing up (again) for the next release: 2014.2.0.0

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Thu Apr 10 15:08:37 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 5:02 PM, Vincent Hanquez <tab at snarc.org> wrote:

> At this point, I feel that the crux of your problem here seems to be
> linked to API changes more than upper bounds or PvP.

I don't understand how you arrived at that conclusion. I put the requisite
upper bounds in, the build error went away. Clearly if you had followed PVP
in the first place, this particular problem would not have occurred.

Nobody on the other side of this argument is claiming that upper bounds
will prevent all build breakages: it just eliminates a large class of them.

Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net>