Gearing up (again) for the next release: 2014.2.0.0

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 00:04:00 UTC 2014

YOU KIDS GET OFF-A-MY LAWN! I'M TRYIN' TO BUILD A PLATFORM HERE!

:-)

But seriously: This thread was to deal with issues in the upcoming release
of Haskell Platform.

Clearly we need to discuss version policy and HP. I have a fair bit to say
on that topic, but I'd like to do so in a different thread. Can someone,
preferably not those with already strong articulated stakes in it, start a
new thread, summarizing the points so far.

If there are suggestions for new packages in the upcoming HP release, or
even perhaps getting the discussion going for the next, PLEASE start one
new thread per... well, per functional area, if we are discussing which of
several variants to consider... and per explicit proposal if we are
considering a specific package for the next release.

- Mark