Proposal: Changes to the PVP

Henning Thielemann schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Apr 9 09:03:15 UTC 2014

Am 09.04.2014 10:47, schrieb Michael Snoyman:

> I would like to propose the following changes to the PVP. These are the
> same changes that I recently published on the Yesod blog[1]. For more
> information on the motivations behind these changes, please see that
> blog post.

I see no need to complicate the PVP with distinctions about stable and
unstable, published and unpublished packages. My preferred solution is
to declare lower and upper version bounds in Build-Depends according to
current PVP and ignore these bounds on demand via options that are
passed to cabal-install.